Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Departure of Sorts

So, this post is a semi-departure of what I currently blog about--art and home. With the holidays in full swing, gift giving season is in full affect. The convos from hubbies and boyfriends after we say, "So, do you know what you are getting me this Christmas?" are beginning. I grew up loving stocking stuffers. Not only did it extend my Christmas because we got to open stockings on Christmas Eve, but you get a lot of little things. Now, moms usually got you amazingly practical items like pink toothbrushes, gum or socks, but you still loved getting something! Here are a few of my favorites for stocking stuffers that are a few steps above practical for the discerning female taste and proven in my book:

review of bamboo 48 hour volume spray
Alterna's BAMBOO Volume 48 Hour Sustainable Volume Spray. I picked this up after reading a review in a fashion mag. Amazing for those with fine hair and A MUST for volume and thickness. $24 but save 20% at Skinstore.com with code GIFT20. 

review of chap sticks lip balms

There isn't a single chap stick or lip balm that compares to the Honey Burt's Bees. Maybe it's the honey, but it's super moisturizing, perfect consistency and doesn't need constant reapplication. IT JUST WORKS! Less than $3 so you can throw a couple in the stocking for yourself:-)

Vanilla Bean Nourishing Body Cream
My sister got me a gift set last year that included this 100% Pure Vanilla Bean Nourishing Body Cream. It has anti-aging antioxidants, vitamins, skin softening fruit oils, and cocoa and avocado butters. I don't know what it is, but men can follow this scent anywhere and love it. It's not overpowering, so if you want an all natural moisturizer that men love, this is it! $15, but get 20% off with code CN20 at my home town store Charleston Naturally.
gift ideas for her
horn earrings crystal

necklace horn gold
As if Kelly Wearstler needs to move out of Interior Design, she does so effortlessly with a new jewelry line. The horn pieces are to die for. They are not inexpensive, but would fit perfectly in a stocking;-) Shopbop has the line and save up to 35% with Code BIGEVENT12 and get free shipping

host hostess gift under $10 wine christmas gift
You may need a supersized stocking, but we need to also think about hostess gifts for holiday parties. Trader Joes stocks this delicious Valpolicella Ripasso by Pasqua that is so yummy and an all around pleaser. It does not taste like an $8.99 wine or one so young. If you can catch it before it runs out at your local TJ's, get a case!
review of loreal telescopic mascara
I directed my sister to my favorite lengthening mascara the other day at ULTA, and I ended up selling 3 more tubes of Telescopic to ladies in the aisle curious to why I liked it. I expect my commission check any day now from Loreal:-) Now, I am not a makeup guru by any means and leave all of that to my friend Chloe, but I do know a good mascara when I use it!
stocking stuffer ideas for home
And, for the home, a little gold and white. Absolutely cute and glam, these salt and pepper shakers from Jonathan Adler are $48. 



No comments:

Post a Comment