Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Nursery Time!

Lately I have been doing a lot of paintings for nurseries and kiddo rooms. There must be a lot of babies being born this Spring! It is such an honor to know my art will be part of such a special time for a family. So, I wanted to share one of the inspirations for a recent commission. Gray and citron yellow seem to be quite a trend these days for nurseries, and my client's space is just the same. Here are a few inspirations that led to her final paintings. 

chevron print gray grey nursery
I just love this set up by Carousel Designs.

My client's quilt.

nursery decor decorating design gray and yellow
Her elephant and leaves mobile.

mod floral painting jennifer latimer one kings lane emerging artist 2013
The two final paintings. My client wanted the gold to be the 'yellow' in the piece. Once she has framed and hung, we'll get a full view on how the room pulled together.

No comments:

Post a Comment