Monday, May 14, 2012

Start with a Cocktail or Cocktail Table?

My recently acquired 1938 Charleston Craftsman Cottage is due to receive a little facelift, primarily the interior. Although the home was renovated inside and out, there was very little thought put into the design details. Ok, so they did keep as many plaster walls as they could, the super cute telephone nook, original picture molding, clawfoot tub, and the crystal door knobs. BUT, there is so much potential to glam it up and add some cozy touches to retain its cottage appeal.

From paint colors, new fixtures, new sinks, new countertops, chandelier additions, window coverings, mirrors, art, landscape plans, you name it, I have been obsessed with ideas and decorating. So many things to fill you in on and document on this fabulous project, but for now we'll have to settle on the topic of coffee/cocktail tables. I have been going crazy analyzing my existing furniture for the move. What will stay with me? What would I love to replace? A coffee table can add so much character to a room...or take SO much away. It can make the space seem airy or cramped. Since my home is smaller, I want to maintain an open, clean and spacious feel---so no heavy wood pieces. Here are some top picks, with the final selection for my space.

white slipcovered couch interior decorating
Fabulous Deal at only $349 via Ballard Designs

blue paint living room design ideas
rolling cocktail table gold
Wheels could be an plus or minus. WS Home.


seagrass rug living room
 Could see in a French Country decor setting as well. Via Wisteria.


coffee table metal glass living room photo
 I love the lines on this table. Via High Fashion Home.


interior design cocktail table

gray walls abstract art
I haven't been in Ethan Allen, well in forever, but this was the perfect finish, size and price. My final pick!

No comments:

Post a Comment